I have a Macbook Pro at work and PCs at home. The CMD key on my Mac, the PC equivalent of CTRL, is where my PC ALT key is. This results in me having to switch kinetic habits with every computer. ARGH.
This Week’s Shinies:
- Dave’s Mapper – A dungeon/city/map generator with a great hand-drawn feel!
- Stars (requires Chrome!) – This is jaw-dropping and just… I LOVE SPACE YOU GUYS
- Celebrating Women in Tech: Grace Hopper – She invented the first code compiler!
- How eBooks Saved My Father’s Reading – This is a pretty awesome thing. :D
- Photos from Seattle’s First Day of Marriage Equality – Yep, I got misty-eyed.
- Hack The Cover – On designing a good ebook cover.
- Dogs Can Drive – Yes, literally. O_O!
- Cheetahs in Super Slow-Mo
- The Star Trek Medical Tricorder Is Real – !!! Why hello, Future, please do come in.
Current Earworm: Forever One by Kobra and the Lotus, thanks to my sister seeing them live as an opening band recently!
The Friday Quote:
Don’t let your struggle become your identity. ~Ralston Bowles
Instagrams of the Week:
In the spirit of the season! Our in-progress tree, and OH MY GOD IT SNOWED A TINY TINY BIT THIS IS INCREDIBLE BECAUSE IT’S TEXAS: