I feel like I’ve done absolutely nothing but absorb giant amounts of new information this week: new faces, new names, new tasks, and a new office floorplan that is labyrinthine. Whew! So glad it’s the weekend.
- Illiterate Ethiopian children, given new tablets with zero instructions, hack them in five months. – We are some crazy-smart monkeys, guys.
- More People Should Write – This, so hard, this.
- Google’s Self-Learning Neural Network Knows What A Cat Is… Without Human Interference – Skynet, now with lolcats!
- What Kings Ate and Wizards Drank (by Krista D. Ball) – I admit, I love the sound of this, and want it. :D
- A message to everyone doing NaNoWriMo this year!
- Elephant Speaks Korean Outloud – Whaaaat. Awesome.
- Scientists further prove their geekery by naming new T-Rex-sized dinosaur after Sauron.
- Dad hacks Zelda to change Link’s sex so his 3 y/o daughter can play a female hero.
- Four teenaged African girls have created a urine-powered generator. – Amazing and useful.
Current Earworm: Miracle of Sound: Little Sister – This isn’t a new-to-me song, but I love the musicality, and it’s fun to sing with, so it gets to be this week’s earworm.
The Friday Quote:
Say good things to everyone. Treat everyone with total respect, and it will all come back. ~Bob Proctor
Instagrams of the Week:
Shots from my new workplace! On the left, faux-sunlight strips (picture taken at night! I LOVE THESE THINGS) and on the right, one of my cubicle companions with the spoils of (Nerf) war. :D